Friday, February 1, 2008

Whom Shall We Elect


If you go to High Shoal you know that I have said several times that I am not going to tell anyone who to vote for, but I believe people should vote and should pray for whom ever is elected. More than likely one of the six people pictured above will be our next president. I know who I would like it to be. I'm sure there is one of the six that you like more than the others, but the true test of our faith is our willingness to pray for the one pictured above that we like the least.

I believe it is hard for Christians to separate their faith and their politics. I know for me, my faith is the determining factor in my political decisions. As a pastor I have this luxury and as Christians you do to. Don't ever fear that ability. I don't vote because of my parents, my education, or even the voter registration demographics of my congregation, I vote for the person who I think comes closes to supporting the political stances that I see present in my faith.

No comments:

Sermons