As many of you know my wife and I recently adopted three little boys from South Carolina. Today I recieved an email from their social worker that I wanted to pass on:
Every child deserves a permanent home and a loving family. Unfortunately, for too many children in the foster care system a supportive, permanent home is not an immediate reality. Today, there are 1,600 children with a plan of adoption in foster care in South Carolina. A total of 800 children are waiting for an adoptive family to be identified for them. This Valentine’s day, give the ultimate gift of love -- a good home to a child in foster care. Please visit http://www.state.sc.us/dss/ or call 1-800-868-6595 for more information on how you can help provide a child from foster care with a permanent loving home.
Of course each state has options for adoption and it is truly a blessing to help a child in need.

1 comment:
I have just looked at and enjoyed reading your blog. However, at the time I do not have a blog. You bring up some very thought provoking ideas and we (and the available children) do appreciate the plug for adoption.
Post a Comment